Xavier Aptitude Test is a university-level entrance exam that is organized every year at the national level. It is regulated by XLRI on behalf of XAMI every year. Having good XAT scores, candidates can apply for admission in management courses of Xavier School of Management. XAT scores are also used for admission in various top-ranked B- schools across the nation. It is one of the most prestigious entrance exams that offer admission directly to MBA/ PGDM courses. It is one of the most sought entrance exams after CAT and its scores are accepted in more than 700 colleges across the nation including 10 XAMI member institutes and XLRI. More details on XAT 2023 are mentioned in the article below:
XAT 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Type of exam||Postgraduate|
|Conducting body||XLRI- Xavier School of Management|
|Mode of exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam date||2nd week of January 2023|
|Duration of exam||3 hrs|
XAT 2023 Important Dates
|Application form starts date||1st week of August 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||4th week of November 2022|
|Last date of submission with late fee||4th week of November 2022|
|Issue of admit card||3rd week of December 2022|
|XAT 2023||1st week of January 2023|
|Release of answer key||2nd week of January 2023|
|Announcement of result||3rd week of January 2023|
The eligibility criteria for XAT Admission 2023 vary as per every participating institute. Consequently, candidates are advised to visit the official website of the desired participating institute of XAT in order to avail of the application form. However, we have listed some of the most common eligibility norms for XAT 2023 below:
- Candidates should have successfully passed a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university to be eligible for the XAT exam.
- No specific age limit is there for XAT.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of their undergraduate degree in 2023 are also eligible to apply for the XAT.
XAT 2023 Application Form
- The online registration process has been started via the official web portal of XAT participating institutes.
- Candidates are able to fill the application form from the 1st week of August 2022 to the 4th week of November 2022.
- The application form must be filled very carefully as the authority will not provide any correction facility later in the application form.
- Details such as the name of the candidate, father’s name, mother’s name, etc. should be spelled correctly in the application form same as it is presented in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof of the applier.
- The Registration Process will have various steps and each step should be completed as per the instructions in the application form.
- Applicants are required to keep the printout of the filled application form and fee receipt for other uses in the future.
The application fee payment modes include Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Mobile Wallets/ Cash Cards payment gateways.
Check the application fee for XAT below in the table:
|Registration fee without late fee||INR 1750/- (INR 300 each additional fee for XLRI programs)|
|Registration fee with late charges||INR 2050/- (INR 500 each additional fee for XLRI programs)|
|Indian applicants registering for GMP via GMAT||INR 2500/-|
|NRI and foreign applicants for one or more courses via GMAT||INR 5000/-|
Here, candidates can have a look at the complete XAT exam pattern:
- Mode of Examination: XAT Examination 2023 will be commenced through online mode only.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will get a total of 3 hours to complete their XAT 2023 question paper.
- Question Type: All Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will be there in XAT 2023 paper.
- Marking system: 1 Mark will be allotted for each attempted right answer and 0.25 will be deducted for each incorrect response.
|Subjects||No. of questions||Subjects||No. of questions|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27||General knowledge||15|
|Verbal and logical ability||24||Essay writing||1 topic|
XAT 2023 Result
The official authority will release the result for the XAT examination 2023 after a few days from the completion of the examination. The mode of result announcement will be online only. By login into the authorized web portal, candidates can get the result for XAT. It is expected that the result will be released in the third week of January 2023. Candidates are told to keep their results safe and secure till the completion of the admission process as result will be required for the admission procedure.
|DU MBA Admission 2023||IGNOU OPENMAT 2023|
XAT 2023 Counseling
The last step for admission will be a counseling process that will be organized by various participating institutes separately for admission to management courses. However, the counseling process for every participating institute will be different. Therefore, participants will have to follow the counseling procedure of their applied institute.
The majority of the institutes will conduct the counseling process which will be followed by the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round. Candidates will have to qualify for both rounds in order to be eligible for admission to the respective participating institution.