M.Ed Admission 2023: Master of Education is a 2-year postgraduate program that aspirants pursue to after B.Ed To pursue this postgraduate degree one has to complete his/ her B.Ed degree first. M.Ed is known to be the highest degree of education stream. Several institutes in India provide entry to this course on a merit and entrance basis. The selection process for the M.Ed program varies from college to college. This course has a duration of 2 years and includes 4 semesters. After pursuing this program, students can get reputed jobs in the area of teaching. The course has a wide area of scope such as:
- Publishing Houses
- Research and Development Agencies
- Schools and Colleges
- Coaching Centres
- Education Consultancies
- Education Department
- Home Tuitions
- Private Tuitions
- Online Tutor
- Vice Principal
- Education Counsellor
- School Teacher
- Home Tutor
- Education Consultant
M.Ed Admission 2023 Overview
|Name of the Program||M.Ed or Master’s of Education|
|Duration of Course||2 years|
|Mode of application||Online / Offline (Depends on college)|
|Selection Process||Direct or Entrance Based|
Some Top Entrance Exams Schedule
|Name of the exam||Exam date|
|IGNOU M.Ed Application Form
||To be announced|
|MAH M.Ed CET||To be announced|
|BHU M.Ed Entrance Exam||To be announced|
|DU M.Ed Application Form||To be announced|
|Rajasthan PMET||To be announced|
|Allahabad University M.Ed Application Form||To be announced|
|Lucknow University M.Ed 2023
||To be announced|
|Patna University M.Ed 2023
||To be announced|
|CCS University M.Ed 2023||To be announced|
M.Ed Admission 2023 Specializations
Aspirants can pursue an M.Ed course in various specializations. Such specializations are mentioned below:
- Educational Technology
- Educational Management
- Women Studies
- Language Education
- Teacher Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Special Education
- Environment Education
- Yoga Education
- Rural Education
- Applicants who have obtained their B.Ed degree can seek a Masters’s Degree in Education.
- 50- 55% should be there in B.Ed degree to be eligible.
- A few colleges conduct entrance tests for entry to the M.Ed program.
- Therefore it is necessary to qualify for the test for some colleges.
- There are no age criteria set for admission to the M.Ed course.
M.Ed Admission 2023 Best Colleges In India
Some of the most popular Indian College that offers admission to M.Ed is mentioned below:
- Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), New Delhi
- Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management (IISWBM), Kolkata
- University of Delhi
- Anna University, Chennai
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- University of Calicut
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- Government College of Education for Women, Coimbatore
Syllabus and Course Pattern
Every college/ university has its own course pattern and syllabus. But we have mentioned the most common syllabus and course pattern followed by most universities. See below:
- Philosophy of Education
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Sociology of Education
- History and Political Economy of Education
- Psychology of Learning and Development
Around 70% of the syllabus covers the theory portion and 30% covers the practical portion.
The admission procedure to a particular course differs from college to college. A few universities conduct aptitude tests while some select candidates based on cut-off marks.
Direct Admission in Master of Education (M.Ed)
- The application forms are basically discharged in the month of March or April.
- The aspirants who are seeking entry to this program are required to fill the structure before the last date.
- After a few days of form submission, the respective college discharged the cutoff marks.
- Candidates who get the same marks as the cut-off or more than it becomes eligible for admission.
Entrance Exam for Master of Education (M.Ed)
- For entrance-based examinations, the forms are most probably released during March/ April too.
- After submitting the structure, candidates will get the entrance exam venue.
- They need to visit the assigned venue to appear for the examination.
- Registered candidates can download the hall ticket a few days before the examination.
- Applicants can check the entrance gate on the official website of the respective institute or through the SMS received on their number.
- Students who pass the entrance test will get admission to the M.Ed course.
- However, candidates who do not succeed in the entrance test will not be eligible for further admission.
- Entrance tests can be organized in any mode i.e. online or offline depending upon the university/ college.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the application mode to apply for MAH M.Ed CET 2023?
Ans. The application mode for MAH M.Ed CET will be online.
Question: What is the basis of admission to the M.Ed course at Maharashtra colleges?
Ans. The government colleges of Maharashtra offer M.Ed courses on an entrance basis.
Question: Can a candidate who holds any degree is eligible to apply for an M.Ed course?
Ans. No, only candidates having B.Ed degree can apply for the M.Ed program.
Question: What is the official website to apply for MAH M.Ed CET Entrance Exam?
Ans. The official web portal to apply for MAH M.Ed CET is www.cetcell.mahacet.org.
Question: What is the academic qualification required for M.Ed?
Ans. Candidates who have completed B.Ed with at least 50- 55% marks are eligible to apply for M.Ed Admission 2023.